Marbleit is one of the types of sedimentary rocks. Sedimentation of limestone at high temperatures and pressures and also for a long time has caused the formation of this rock. Heat and pressure change the texture and structure of limestone and these stones turn into marble.
Although marbleit is formed by the transformation of limestone, it weighs more than limestone. However, marble is not considered a hard stone and is classified in the category of soft stones.
In the following, we will become more familiar with this stone.
Marble weighs 2,560 tons per cubic meter. The hardness of this stone is 3, which is considered lower than other homogeneous stones. Despite its low hardness, marble is resistant to fire and erosion. Marble has many colors, which is why it is a widely used stone in interior decoration.
As mentioned earlier, marble is the result of compaction of limestone under high pressure and heat. For this reason, fossils left over from millions of years ago may be seen in this type of rock. This factor makes this stone very important for experts.
It should be noted that: Marbleit and marble are different. Marbleit is formed from the deposition of limestone, while marble is formed from the metamorphism of limestone.
Usage of Marbleit
Marbleit has many uses and has always been considered by architects and sculptors. This stone is easy to cut due to its softness and can be used in any shape.
Today, marbleit is mostly used in the interior design of luxury homes and offices. For this reason, this stone is very popular among interior designers of buildings.
Advantages of marbleit stones
- Marbleit has a higher strength than travertine stones, but travertine performs better than marbleit against shrinkage, expansion and climate change.
- The ability of engraving, polishing, etc. has made this stone suitable for sculpture or engraving as well as use in building facades and interior decoration.
- Marbleit has a smooth and shiny surface.
- This stone absorbs water due to its calcareous structure, so it is better to use marbleit in reception halls; Which, of course, makes the reception hall more attractive.
Disadvantages of marbleit stones
- This stone has little resistance to impact and scratches, which is why this stone is avoided as a floor in high-traffic areas.
- This stone has a low resistance to acid or acidic materials, which is why we can not use these stones in the facade of buildings where the probability of acid rain is high. Or the use of this stone in sanitary services is limited due to the use of detergents. Compressive strength and lower reliability than granite rocks
- This rock has low resistance to atmospheric instabilities.
- Marbleit has low resistance to shrinkage and expansion and removes cracks.
Marbleit appears in attractive colors. Usually the appearance of marbleits is light and they have white and milky colors and generally have streaks. The white type of this stone is pure, while the marbleits with a gray to black color spectrum have traces of carbon, and the marbleits with a green to blue spectrum have impurities such as chlorite or silicate.
Blue is a soothing color. Choosing this color is very suitable for office walls.
Black is one of the most popular colors of this stone and because of its attractive appearance, it attracts a lot of people’s attention.
Gold is a very good color for living room flooring. This luxurious color gives a special glory to your home.
✅ Frequently Asked Questions About Marbleit ✅
✅ Are marbleit and marble materials different?
There are differences between marbleit and marble; But both are made of limestone.
✅ What is the degree of hardness of marbleit?
The hardness of marbleit is 3.
✅ What is the use of marbleit?
It is widely used in the interior decoration of houses as well as the art of sculpture.